Hi, my name is Rene. I’m the writer, creator and chef of Faith Farm Family Table.
When I was a young girl, our family lived in southern California. My dad (who grew up a farmer in Mississippi) brought his love of farming to the city. Dad planted an apple tree, an olive tree and a lemon tree. He grew all kinds of vegetables.
Dad taught us how to grow plants with love, how to get excited about the harvest and how to use as much of the plant as possible (so not to waste any of our hard work). Mom taught us how to turn dad’s harvest into amazing meals for our family. Mom made apple butter, homemade olives, bread and butter pickles. And on a hot summer’s day, fresh squeezed lemonade.
All those memories of farming in the city became a part of me…… My love of gardening, my desires for healthy food and being creative in the kitchen.
My goal for this website is to share how God has made my life so amazing, reveal some of my recipes & budget friendly techniques, and share some of my quirky ways of doing things!!
Spreading love to people through kindness, faith and food.
A homemade pot of chicken noodle soup to help someone under the weather. A batch of handmade cookies to lift the spirits of someone who may be suffering. An abundance of garden fresh veggies shared with a neighbor. Making extra at dinner time and sharing a plate of food with a homeless person.
The possibilities are endless and I really believe that together we can make the world a better place, one act of kindness at a time, one meal at a time.
“When we fill our bodies with wholesome goodness, it lifts up our spirits. When we fill our spirits with the love of Christ, it’s easier to be gentle and kind to the people around us”. René
More about me:
- Strong Christian woman of faith.
- Born American but live in Canada.
- Wife and mother to a beautiful family.
- Love my little dog as much as I love my family.
- Have a ridiculous amount of love for seniors and think every child should volunteer in a nursing home to experience the joy they can bring to others.
- Love to eat Vegan & Vegetarian, but still cook meat because my husband’s favorite meal is roast and potatoes!
- Think that a smile is free to give away so I shouldn’t keep it to myself.
- Like to hold doors open for people who have their hands full.
- Can’t stand to be cold but think the sunshine glistening on the snow is beautiful.
- Love old things (whether its an old door, the hardware on the door, an old book, a piece of antique furniture, etc.) because I feel like they tell a story.
- Look for abilities in others rather than faults. We all have faults, but we are all unique in our special abilities.
- Learned to accept and laugh at myself for the things I have tried to change but have realized are JUST a part of me – like being “slightly” clumsy.
- Believe that one day there will be World Peace and we will all get along.
That’s me in a nutshell.
Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again soon.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at email@example.com.